Aloe & Green Clay Face Mask is great for oily or combination skin. The ingredients in this mask gently draw out impurities while purifying and softening the complexion. French Green Clay is naturally rich in minerals and trace elements that absorb and removes impurities from the skin, while Aloe Vera is known for its potent humectant and restorative properties. When prepared together as a mask, these ingredients dry on the skin causing pores to tighten and the skin to feel firm, toned, and refreshed.
Mix The Clay
- Start with approx 1-2 scoops of clay in a small non-metal bowl.
- Slowly add 1/4 teaspoon of room temperature water, or hydrosol, or honey + liquid of choice, and mix. Continue adding small amounts of water and mixing until a creamy mud-like consistency is reached. Some clays need more water and some need less, so always begin with just a little water and continue to check the consistency.
- Mix well to a smooth clay paste.
Apply the Mask
- Start with a clean, dry face free of make-up, moisturizers, etc. Any of our gentle face soaps are a great way to prep your skin for a clay mask.
- Using fingertips or a flat foundation brush, apply the mask to your face. You can apply a thin first layer and then apply a second thicker layer, or just one thick layer so the mask is about 1/8″ thick. Allow mask to dry for 5-10 minutes. Drying times vary depending on the clay and your skin type. As the clay dries you will feel a pulling and tightening sensation on your skin. For oily skin or a deep cleanse, allow the mask to dry almost completely and then remove--leaving the mask on longer does not add anything beneficial to the treatment and may cause skin dryness. For sensitive or dry skin or a more gentle cleanse, allow the mask to only dry around the edges of the face and nose and then remove (about 5 minutes).
Remove the Mask
- Remove a clay mask with warm water and fingers. To re-hydrate the mask making it a bit for easier removal, you can dampen a face cloth with warm water and hold it to the face before removal.
- Using gentle circular motions with fingers helps to stimulate circulation, polish your skin and provide an exfoliating action as the mask is removed. You may also use a face cloth to remove the mask.
- Gently pat face dry completely with a soft face towel.
- Moisturize! Follow-up with our eye serum and face serum, or your favorite moisturizer.
- Enjoy your super smooth and beautifully fresh skin!
*After application of a clay mask, you will feel a tightening effect and the skin may even feel a bit itchy at first. Clay helps increase circulation. As a result, you may experience mild temporary redness for up to 30 minutes.
* If you are concerned about skin sensitivity, always do a skin patch test first.
* Approximately 4-6 uses per 2oz jar
* Price is for one 2oz glass jar of face mask powder with one wooden spoon
~ All-Natural, Vegan and Palm-Oil Free ~
French Green Montmorillonite Clay, Organic Aloe Vera Powder + Love :)